The RESUN plug valve, industry's "Old Reliable," is used
in countless industrial and general utility applications. The
following are a few major categories of the many specific
applications in which the RESUN valve provides reliable,
uninterrupted, leak-free service:
- Chemical and petrochemical processing
- Petroleum gathering and distribution
- Gas distribution systems
- Water and wastewater
- Heating, air conditioning (HVAC)
- Food and beverage processing
- Pulp and paper
- Paint, varnish, lacquer and ink
- Asphalt and other viscous materials
- Cement and ore slurries
Standard material for RESUN plug valves is a high tensile
cast iron made to RESUN specifications & in compliance
with ASTM A-126 Class B standards. All specifications
in this catalog are for valves of this material.
RESUN plug valves can be supplied in ductile iron on
UL, CGA, and AGA approval is available on valve models
so noted in this catalog when specified on the customer's
Specific Advantages of the RESUN Plug Valve:
- Rugged construction - Large RESUN plug valves
can even shear a two-by-four board.
- Low cost
- Readily available
- Maximum port openings - Full pipe area is available
to minimize turbulence, erosion and pressure drop.
- Ease of operation - Unlike the tapered plugs of
other plug valves, the RESUN cylindrical plug turns
easily without binding or seizing, at the pressures
and temperatures within its operating limits.
- Minimum maintenance - Only a small initial charge
of sealant is required with occasional recharging
for easy operation. The basic construction of the
valve simplifies any service or parts replacement
which might become necessary.
See RESUN catalog CS for lubricated plug
valves manufactured in carbon steel.
R&M Energy Systems will consider any reasonable
modification of the plug valve that makes it more appropriate
to the needs of the customer.